Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Chicken Coop

This is the almost completed chicken coop. There is a neat flap on the right side that are the laying boxes. It will make it easier for the kids to get eggs. There are a couple of windows that can be closed when it is cold and let air circulate when it is hot. The run is almost done...just need wire or netting on the top and a door. If we did netting then we could have pheasants and quail also. Kevin did a great job and it wasn't easy since we used mostly old lumber. We saved a ton of money though!


3 comments:

Ginny said...

Very cool! I love the color. Laying boxes you can get to are a great idea. We have to go in the door to get the eggs and then all of the chickens run out! Then we chase them all back in!

Jody said...

Looks great! (Not that I know that much about chicken coops....) But I agree, LOVE the color!

Laurel said...

Wow Kevin did a great job! I want to see some pics of the chicks!