Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wildflowers

We went to the fishing derby this Saturday and had a blast! I don't have any pictures because it rained the whole time and Kevin and I were both busy baiting hooks and getting fish off, etc. They caught like crazy...and Emma won a pink camo tackle box with lures and a t-shirt for catching one of the biggest fish! Cody did great also and got lures and a bucket full of goodies. Even Travis came home with treasures. He got a baseball with Smokey the Bear on it and other fishing tackle. We had lots of fun and are going again next year for sure! After fishing there was a break in the weather so we went and picked wildflowers. It has been raining so much and the flowers are beautiful. I love to press them. We had a great afternoon in the woods and were reminded of why we live in the middle of nowhere.



I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day when we spotted this rainbow on the mountain slope. I have never seen anything like it before! I took this from our back yard while I was talking! I was surprised it turned out...I usually have a hard time doing two things at once!





2 comments:

Jody said...

Beautiful wildflowers! And beautiful kids! What a great way to spend a Saturday....

Laurel said...

Holy cow that rainbow is crazy! There definately must be some treasure up there!