Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Harvest

It has been a crazy Fall so far. Kevin is still very busy at work but we are very grateful for his job. The stress level is getting better. He has been on TV and radio commercials for the last two months also. It is really weird to hear him! He will be helping with another horse gather in Boise soon so he has some much needed time off right now. We have been having fun and working hard to get things done before the weather changes. We grew these cute little watermelons that are yellow inside and very sweet. They are the best we can do with our short growing season. I also found a great variety of cantaloupe that was delicious and only needed 68 days (about our max). Kevin shot an antelope buck last Friday. He took Cody and Travis with him. He was so excited since it was his first antelope using a muzzleloader in Idaho, and that he got to share it with his boys! He was surprised when he got to him that he had non-typical horns. It was a great shot and we are thankful for an easy hunt close to home and good meat!
Cody was in boy heaven and had to pose with his BB gun.

I've been canning a lot lately. We buy awesome fruit from the farm bureau in town several times during the season. I bought peaches, apples and pears this go around. I figure I spent less than $.80 per quart for all my supplies! I feel so domestic! Well, that is all the bragging for this week! Life isn't always rosey but we are very blessed. I left out all the crap...ie. we are down to one car, $250 per tire for truck tires should be a sin, sick kids, constant calls from work on Kevin's day off, etc. Just to let you know we are normal too!:)





2 comments:

Jody said...

Nice. I like focusing on the positive while still recognizing the not-so-good things in life.

Laurel said...

Good job Annie!