Thursday, May 28, 2009

T-ball and a stupid steer

This is our brilliant steer! He got his head caught this Saturday in the foot part of the livestock panel! Who knows how he got it stuck because we sure couldn't free him until we cut the panel! We were pretty frustrated at first and then we had to laugh! Our horse injured himself this week also and we had to have the vet come out. He has a pretty good cut from our fence (fighting with neighboring horses, we think). Hopefully he will recover...the vet says we will just have to see how he heals. Cody hit really well in his first tee-ball game! He didn't have to use the tee and he popped some up there good. He even got a home run (due to some overthrown balls)! Great job Cody! Emma had to sit out with her ankle she injured Saturday night on a friend's trampoline. She is doing much better but it is has a small fracture so she gets to wear a neat boot for a couple of weeks. Today is the last day of school! Emma is sad school is over and Cody is glad so he can play with Emma more. I'm excited to have her home. I'm bummed for her that she has to start it out with a broken ankle. Such is life! It has been such a weird week...Travis threw up on me when I buckled him in the car this morning to take Emma to school. I'm just glad I don't have to go to work also! I'll take 1000 weird weeks and dying cars to be home with my crazy kids. If I didn't then I wouldn't have much to put on my blog! Sorry you have to go to work Kevin (I wish you were home with us)!







Emma's school had track and field day last week and this is Emma waiting for the batton for the relay. She got a first place ribbon for the 200 meter and 3 fourth place ribbons for the long jump, three legged race, and shoe race.






3 comments:

A & D Weston said...

i hope you've had your quota of injuries for the summer

Laurel said...

Whew I am tired just reading about your crazy week! I am glad that you are keeping your chin up!

Ginny said...

Crazy time!